Two bills that would help ensure environmental quality during pipeline construction are being heard in the House.
SB698 & SB699: Allows the State Water Control Board to conduct inspections of land-disturbing activities of natural gas pipelines and issue stop-work orders when necessary.
Passed Bills: With your help, a few crucial bills that benefit solar have passed the House and Senate and are on their way to the Governor's desk!
- HB508: Establishes the allowance of solar facilities on roof and ground-mounted solar arrays, if in compliance with the zoning restrictions.
- SB179 & HB509 – Clarifies the comprehensive plan approval process for solar facilities.
Thank you for your continued support!
Call To Action:
Please take a moment this morning to call your delegate and voice your support for Senate Bill 698 and 699!
- Pipelines that cross waterways have the potential to impair water quality.
- These crossings include non-tidal wetlands, wetland buffers, and floodplains, some of which are imperative to providing clean drinking water.
- This bill would authorize the State Water Control Board to conduct inspections and issue stop work instructions when there is an indication of an adverse impact to water quality.
- This measure is crucial in protecting the health and safety of Virginians and their environment!